DirectWomen relies heavily on its volunteer leadership to plan and execute its work:
- The Advisory Board oversees all activities of DirectWomen. Bobbi Liebenberg is Chair of DirectWomen.
- The Development Committee is responsible for all fundraising from third parties, including sponsorships. The Development Committee is Chaired by Pat Gillette.
- The Finance Committee oversees DirectWomen's financials and works on its budget. The Finance Committee is Chaired by Linda Griggs, DirectWomen's Treasurer.
- The Alumnae Committee works to build DirectWomen's alumnae network and foster participation in its events. The Alumnae Committee is Co-Chaired by CJ Johnsen and Katherine Hatton.
- The Marketing and Professional Alliances Committee is responsible for DirectWomen's brand and organizational affiliations. The Marketing and Professional Alliances Committee is Chaired by Catharine Arrowood.
- The Honoree Committee identifies and selects women for the Sandra Day O'Connor Board Excellence Award, along with the DirectWomen Board Diversity Award and Rising Star Award. The Honoree Committee is Chaired by Connie Collingsworth.
- Hillary Sale Chairs the Board Institute. She is responsible for the curriculum, program, and implementation of the Board Institute.
- The Class Committee manages outreach to and the application of potential applicants to the Board Institute. The Class Committee is Chaired by Peggy Heeg.
- The Selection Committee selects the Board Institute class from the candidates cultivated by the Class Committee. The Selection Committee is Chaired by Mary Ann Jorgenson.
- The International Boards Committee works to expand DirectWomen's footprint in the international board diversity movement. The International Boards Committee is Chaired by Lisa Savitt.
Biographies of each committee's members can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding page.